Friday, October 17, 2008

Counting My Blessings...1

Instead of spending all my time and thoughts grumbling, mumbling and complaining, I'm starting this thing where i focus on the good and ignore the bad in everything, everyone and every situation. Where i learn to give thanks to God knowing that the thoughts he has for me are those of peace, knowing that these thoughts gimme a hope and a future, knowing that all things are working together for me and my good. Learning to be self-centered in those thoughts knowing that i cannot be disadvantaged. Am i sounding arrogant or overly confident yet?



So anyways, here i am counting my blessing and trynna name them one by one, how hard can that be right? Well let's see....



First i thank God for my Life:

If nothing else, this is more than enough. From even before i knew me, the odds have been against me, but time and again I've beat those odds. When i was a year old i was sick for over a year, such that no one thought I'd survive it, but still God kept me and made me the fattest, cutest strongest baby who grew into the slimmest cutest strongest babe.
As i was growing up, i recall more than a few times when I've had brushes with danger and death but again and again I've escaped such that not one person even knew what i was coming from. The most recent being my brush with a train...yeah, you got that right! Who'd have thunk it? I was in a vehicle that got hit by a train and was dragged for several metres but still i came out unscathed, was injured a bit but then not so much that I'm scarred for life, now if that ain't grace I'll never know what is.
I know I'm not where i oughta be in my life right now, but i most definitely am not where i was before. It's dynamic, and so am i, and I'm soooo thankful for that. Thankful that i can see where I'm going and it's such a beautiful place. The road is not all flowers and candy, but it's not all rocky and craggy either. If i must say so myself it's a wonderful life.
I have seen the best of times and the worst of times but I'm still on top of it all. I'm coming out and i can still hold my head up high and say really and truly that it's alright, i'm okay. That i can look at where i'm coming from and be proud bout my past. That in all my twenny- odd years i have few to zero regrets. If that isn't something to be thankful for, then I'm clueless bout these things....

2 comments:

Zayzee said...

we should always count our blessings.

Harry said...

i am so countin mine